Prototype is a 2012 open world action-adventure video game. Developed by Canadian studio Radical Entertainment and published by Activision, it is the sequel to 2009’s Prototype. The game was announced at the 2010 Spike VGA Awards. Versions for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were released on July 14, 2015 alongside the first game as Prototype Biohazard Bundle. Separate versions of the games became available in August 2015.
The game features a new protagonist, James Heller, as he goes on a quest to destroy the Blacklight virus. The story is one of revenge, as Heller wants to kill Alex Mercer, protagonist of the original Prototype, after his family was killed in the outbreak of the Blacklight virus. While the game was a top seller for a period of time, its sales would eventually result in the downsizing of its developer
Behold New York Zero. Prototype 2 extends the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. A vicious viral outbreak has killed Sgt James Heller’s family and transformed him into a PROTOTYPE. Powered by revolutionary shapeshifting powers, you must hunt, kill and consume your way across the ravaged wasteland of New York Zero to take revenge on the man responsible: Alex Mercer.
- The Power of Tendrils: Prepare to unleash the ultimate form of shape-shifting devastation. Sgt James Heller’s incredible new Tendril power lets you lift and tear apart cars and military vehicles, ensnare powerful infected beasts and even rip large groups of enemies to shreds. Get ready to unleash hell!
- Customize Your Killer: Prototype 2 delivers the raw power of character customization back into your hands, allowing players to creatively mix-n-match a devastating range of new Mutation perks into their ultimate Prototype. Faster and bigger locomotion abilities, sharper claws or even enhanced disguise abilities – the choice is yours!
- Hunt – Kill – Become: Imagine having the power to track down any enemy by unleashing a powerful sonar-pulse from your body! Sgt James Heller brings an all-new dimension to the Prototype experience by letting you Hunt, Kill and Become anyone standing in your way. Disguise yourself as a soldier, scientist or anyone at all whilst absorbing their memories and acquiring new abilities. It doesn’t get any better than this!
- Bring Down the Devil: Gamers will experience the epic story of Sgt James Heller attempting to take down the devil himself… Alex Mercer. Unraveled against the explosive backdrop of New York Zero and it’s vicious factions warring for control over the infection, Prototype 2 sets the stage for the ultimate showdown “event” videogame of 2012.
- Size Does Matter: Utilizing the unparalleled technology of Radical’s proprietary ‘Titanium 2.0’ engine, Prototype 2 will redefine gamer’s expectations of over-the-top open world action. Witness building-sized Infected behemoths bullrushing entire city streets, whilst gliding and parkouring across swarms of highly trained Blackwatch soldiers. Prototype 2 = Bigger, Badder, Better!
- New York Zero: An All New Open-World Hunting Ground! The New York that humanity has come to know and love over the years no longer exists…it is now New York Zero, or more simply, NYZ.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz, AMD Phenom X3 8750
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB available space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT with 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512 MB RAM
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card
- Supported Input Devices: Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox 360® Controller
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) or better, ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) or better